Holiday Inn & Suites employees in Clearwater, Florida, called the police after discovering that a dog had been locked inside a car in their beach parking garage. The windows were completely rolled up, but his little barks for help were heard.
The Clearwater Police Department took to Facebook to say, “They had to break one of the windows to pull the dog out of the hot car. They gave it water to drink and dabbed water on its head to try to cool it off.”
Animal control would arrive on scene 15 minutes later to see that the internal temperature of the car was still at 94.6-degrees Fahrenheit. With all of the doors open, it was still so hot in there. It surely reached over 100-degrees while the dog was stuck inside.
According to a media report from Fox 13 News, the case has been referred to the Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney’s Office for prosecution.
Just another reminder to never leave a pet unattended in a vehicle for any amount of time, especially during the summer months. Thankfully for this pup, it’s a happy ending!