Dog Owner Warns Of Rope Toy Danger After Her Golden Retriever Passes Away

We don’t often think of dog toys as being dangerous and posing threats to our pets, but one dog owner is offering up a warning after a common rope toy ended her Golden Retriever’s life. Indria Tuckler took to Facebook to tell of this hidden danger.

Vizsla Dog Lovers/Facebook

She purchased several of the Real Simple toys from her local HomeGoods, and they seemed strong and durable enough for her big dogs. But one day, she came home to the rope toys in pieces. It turns out her dog Sam had ingested some of the rope and tried passing it causing her intestines to tear.

Vizsla Dog Lovers/Facebook

Sam was rushed in for an emergency surgery, and the surgeon removed three feet of rope and 14 inches of perforated intestines. The Golden Retriever bled into her stomach so quickly they had no time for another surgery. Sam passed away two days after swallowing the toy.

Vizsla Dog Lovers/Facebook

Indria warns that this brand of toy can be purchased from HomeGoods, PetSmart, PetCo, TJ Maxx, and Marshall’s. They can fall apart as quickly as within one day, and the ingestion of the toy can cause vomiting, diarrhea, excessive water consumption and lack of appetite in your pets.

It’s hard to confirm the rope inside of a dog as X-rays don’t work well and ultrasounds only show the rope, leaving surgery as the only option. Every dog breed is at risk no matter their age. These types of toys have no business being sold and need to be banned. For now, all we can do is warn as many dog owners as possible.

h/t I Love My Dog So Much

What do you think?

10 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 10

Upvotes: 10

Upvotes percentage: 100.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

135-Pound Dog Becomes A Big Softie When Mom Brings Home A Tiny Piglet

Man Comes Across A Scared Kitten Hugging A Truck Tire And Scoops Her Up